IOM Sudan Monthly Newsletter August 2015
- To enhance institutional capacity, IOM Sudan’s Temporary Return of Qualified Nationals (TRQN) program placed 8 assignments in various sectors ranging from awareness raising on Trafficking, Corporate Governance, Peace Building and Conflict resolution and more.
- To support capacity building of local communities and government counterparts, IOM Sudan’s Rapid Response Fund trained Community Based Networks to reach out and support the needs of vulnerable groups in Mellit, North Darfur.
- To raise awareness and support long term sustainability, IOM Sudan RRF program mapped out services available to IDPs, such as medical, psychological, physical rehabilitation, economic empowerment opportunities and more to groups in North Darfur.
- To provide clean, safe drinking water IOM constructed a water yard in Telkok locality serving 4,500 people and constructed a pipe line extension in Aroma, Kassala, providing 18,000 people with access to clean water.
- To improve environmental hygiene and reduce risks of waterborne diseases, IOM WASH team drilled 8 hand pumps, conducted 2 hygiene trainings for 4,030 people in Habila locality.
"Every life matters. Everyone needs help at some point. Vulnerable migrants need even more of our HELP #migrantlivesmatter."